If you already have the free version, you will have to delete the free version from WordPress before continuing. You can’t delete an active theme – Activate another theme, for example the default WordPress theme (TwentySeventeen) and you can safely remove the old free version.
To remove the free version you have to:
- In WordPress, go to Appearance Themes.
- Click the now deactivated free version of the theme and click “Delete” in the bottom-right corner.
To install your new premium theme you have to:
- In WordPress, go to Appearance – Themes.
- Click on the ‘Add New’ button in the top left.
- Click ‘Upload File’
- Choose the new theme you downloaded from the link below.
- When the install is processed, click ‘Activate’.
- You’re done!
Mac Computers might uncompress the zip after the download has been completed. If this happens, right click the folder and click ‘Compress’ before uploading to WordPress.